The official release date for Star Wars: Episode VII has been announced! We'll be getting the next film on December 18, 2015. Episode VII is the first Star Wars film to be released by Disney after they purchased Lucasfilm and it is the first in the sequel trilogy. The film will be directed by JJ Abrams. Star Wars: Episode VII will begin shooting in the Spring of 2014 in the UK.
(via Variety) Tell Me More!
We woke up on Sunday morning to the exciting news that Star Wars Celebration VII will be held in Anaheim, CA from April 16-19th in 2015! Mark your calendars because tickets will go on sale on August 7th! This may seem very early to begin planning your 2015 convention schedule, but rest assured Celebration VII is going to be a huge deal. Star Wars Celebration VII coincides with Star Wars: Episode VII, so we're certain this is a convention you won't want to miss.
(via Starwars.com) Tell Me More!
Fans rejoiced this past weekend at Star Wars Celebration in Europe upon hearing the news that John Williams will return to score the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII. Williams is previously responsible for scoring all six Star Wars films including the iconic main title, and imperial march, as well as other films such as Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T. and many others. You can watch the video below to see an interview with John Williams where he discusses Episode VII so far, his experience in working Tell Me More!
Disney and Lucasfilm confirmed today that Star Wars: Episode VII will be released in the summer of 2015. They also announced that every summer following that will see the release of a Star Wars film, alternating with one of the standalone films. That means Episodes VIII and IX will reach theaters in the summers of 2017 and 2019, respectively.
The announcements were made at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. There was no mention of how many standalone films Disney plans to make, or whether they will create Tell Me More!
Since the announcement that Disney had acquired Lucasfilm and planned to make new Star Wars movies, rumors have persisted that the original stars of the 1977 film would return to reprise their iconic roles. So, will we see Han, Luke, and Leia in Star Wars Episode VII? George Lucas says there's a good possibility we will.
Lucas sat down for an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek where he confirmed that (before the Disney deal) he had completed the outlines for 3 new Star Wars films, and had Tell Me More!
When Disney announced that they were purchasing Lucasfilm and planned to create a new series of Star Wars movies rumors began to swirl about who would be chosen to direct the first film. Those rumors were usually met with prompt denials. One of those came only one month ago when J.J. Abrams told Empire magazine that he turned down the opportunity to direct Star Wars Episode VII, citing his loyalty to the Star Trek franchise. But today, The Wrap is reporting that Abrams has apparently had a change Tell Me More!
Since the announcement in October that Disney would purchase Lucasfilm and make another Star Wars film, rumors have circulated that J.J. Abrams was at the top of a short list of directors for the project. Now, the Lost creator and Star Trek director has confirmed that those rumors were true.
In an interview with Empire magazine, Abrams says that he had "very early conversations" with Kathleen Kennedy (George Lucas’s hand-picked successor) about being involved with Star Wars: Episode VII. Tell Me More!